Information We Collect
Van Eck or our service providers may collect information through this Site, including but not limited to information you provide when you:
- request or register for a product, service, newsletter, or online account;
- contact Van Eck with questions; or
- enter a sweepstakes, contest, or other promotion, or complete a survey or poll.
This information may include personal information such as your name, company, title, address, e-mail address, phone number, payment information, investor type, assets under management, transaction history, social security number, and issues or areas of interest.
Van Eck or our service providers may use "cookies," web server logs, web beacons, or other electronic tools to collect non-personal information about you, such as:
- IP address;
- browser type;
- operating system;
- computer platform;
- information about your mobile device;
- geo-location data; and
- the state or country from which you accessed this Site.
- the web pages you visit on this Site;
- the date and time of your visit;
- the number of links you click within this Site;
- the functions you use on this Site;
- the databases you view and the searches you request on this Site;
- the data you save on, or download from, this Site, etc.; and
- the websites you visited immediately before and after visiting this Site.
A cookie is a small text file placed on your computer. Most browsers are set to accept cookies by default. If you prefer, you can usually set your browser to disable cookies, or to alert you when cookies are being sent. Likewise, most mobile devices allow you to disable the ability for geo-location information to be collected from your mobile device. The help function on most browsers and mobile devices contains instructions on how to set your browser to notify you before accepting cookies, disable cookies entirely, or disable the collection of geo-location data. You need to set each browser, on each device you use to surf the Web. Thus, if you use multiple browsers (e.g., AOL, Safari, Internet Explorer, Firefox, etc.), you should repeat this procedure with each one. Similarly, if you connect to the Web from multiple devices (e.g., work and home), you need to set each browser on each device. However, if you disable cookies or refuse to accept a request to place a cookie, it is possible that some parts of this Site, such as certain areas of the Site for which you need to log in, will not function properly, and the advertising you receive when you visit this Site may not be advertisements tailored to your interests.
How We Use Your Information
Van Eck uses the information collected through this Site, including your personal information, non-personal information, and information about your use of this Site, in the following ways:
- to enhance your experience with this Site;
- to save your preferences and account information;
- to provide you with the services, products, or information that you request;
- to communicate with you (e.g. about updates to your accounts, products, or services, or to provide information about products or services in which you have indicated an interest);
- to conduct research and analysis (e.g., analyze and compile statistics about your use of this Site and other websites, and produce data analytics and reports containing only anonymous and aggregate information that we may share with third parties for their own use); and/or
- to provide information, special offers, and promotions to you regarding products and services offered by us, our affiliates, or nonaffiliated third parties.
We may also use information collected on this Site as otherwise required or permitted by law or with your consent.
How We Share Your Information
Van Eck may share your personal or other information with our affiliates for their own marketing and other purposes as permitted or required by law. We may share your personal or other information with nonaffiliated third parties as permitted or required by law, including:
- with our service providers that help us to operate our business (e.g., to deliver the information, products, or services requested by you, to perform other activities related to such information, services, and products, including billing and collection, and to provide you with special offers or promotions from Van Eck);
- with a purchaser of Van Eck (or any of its assets), so it may continue to serve you;
- to comply with legal orders (e.g., a subpoena or court order), government requests, or other legal process;
- to produce relevant documents or information in connection with litigation, arbitration, mediation, adjudication, government or internal investigations, or other legal or administrative proceedings;
- to protect the interests, rights, safety, or property of Van Eck or others;
- to enforce any legal notices, terms of service, or agreements on or related to this Site;
- to operate Van Eck systems properly; and/or
- any other sharing to which you consent.
We may also share your personal or other information with nonaffiliated third parties for their use to produce data analytics and reports containing only anonymous and aggregate information that does not personally identify you, and which they, in turn, may share with other third parties for their own use.
Accuracy and Security of Personal Information
To protect your personal information from unauthorized access and use, we use reasonable administrative, technical, personnel, and physical measures. These measures include computer safeguards and secured files and buildings. To help us protect your privacy, you should maintain the secrecy of any username and password you set up in connection with your use of this Site.
Accessing and Updating Your Personal Information
To access, review, rectify, or delete personal information collected about you through this Site, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or use your username and password to access the web page on this Site designated for this purpose. All e-mail requests must include the following information: first name, last name, and e-mail address. While we will make reasonable efforts to accommodate your request, we also reserve the right to impose certain restrictions and requirements on such access requests, if permitted or required by applicable laws.
Transfer of Personal Information To Other Countries
Links To Third-Party Websites
This Site may include links to third-party websites. Since we do not control third-party websites and are not responsible for any information you may provide while on such sites, we encourage you to read the privacy policies on those websites before providing any of your information on such sites.