Joined Van Eck in 2009.
- Serves as the portfolio manager for the Unconstrained Emerging Markets Bond
Fund and VIP Unconstrained Emerging Markets Bond Fund, focusing on portfolio
construction and investments.
- Prior to joining Van Eck, managed Morgan
Stanley's Emerging Markets Proprietary Trading group for 4 years.
- Previously managed Morgan Stanley's Global Emerging Markets Economics and
Strategy research group for 10 years. Established Morgan Stanley's Europe,
Middle East, Africa (EMEA) Economics and Strategy research group.
- Previously advised numerous governments on their economic policies and debt
profiles; rescheduled sovereign debts in countries such as Turkey and the
- Established a telecommunications company in Russia
that built the country's first securities clearing system.
International Trade/Finance, Harvard University, 1989; BA, Public Policy, Duke
Joined Van Eck in 2013.
- Serves as Chief
Economist for the Unconstrained Emerging Markets Bond Fund and VIP
Unconstrained Emerging Markets Bond Fund.
- Prior to joining Van Eck,
worked for Roubini Global Economics, where she was responsible for EM FX/FI
and G10-FX Strategy.
- Earlier career experience includes Pantera
Capital (a Tiger spin-off) and Deutsche Bank.
- PhD, Economic History,
University of Oxford, 1995; BA, Economics, Moscow State University,
Joined Van Eck in 2009.
- Serves as the assistant portfolio manager for the Unconstrained Emerging
Markets Bond Fund and VIP Unconstrained Emerging Markets Bond Fund, focusing on
operations and trading.
- From 2005 to 2008, was a member of the Morgan
Stanley Risk Committee and was the risk monitor for the Emerging Markets,
Foreign Exchange, and Strategic trading desks.
- From 2002 to 2005,
established a trading flows monitoring program, which integrated, tracked, and
analyzed trading flows across multiple trading platforms.
- From 1994 to
2002, managed an index and quantitative analysis group for emerging markets and
high yield, which created indices that were used as benchmarks by Barclays
- Previously served as quantitative analyst for Morgan
Stanley’s emerging markets and equity groups.
- PhD, Neuroscience, Boston
University, 1994; MS, Computer Science, National Institute of Space Research,
1989; BS, Electrical Engineering, Federal University of Minas Gerais (Brazil),
Joined Van Eck in 2012.
- Serves as the assistant
portfolio manager for the Unconstrained Emerging Markets Bond Fund and VIP
Unconstrained Emerging Markets Bond Fund, focusing on quantitative
- Prior to joining Van Eck, was a vice president at ING
Financial Services on the Emerging Markets Credit Trading & Structuring
- Previously was a member of the Portfolio Management team at The
Rohatyn Group, covering global emerging markets credit, including sovereign
bonds, corporate bonds and CDS; specialized in building quantitative frameworks
for the investment process.
- Previously a director in the Quantitative
Financial Research group at Fitch Ratings. Built one of the first industry
models to statistically quantify the credit risk of U.S. commercial real estate
- Began his career as an analyst in the Municipal Finance
Department at Goldman Sachs.
- MS, Financial Engineering, Columbia
University, 2006; BA, Computer Science, Columbia University, 2002.