The VanEck Morningstar US Sustainable Wide Moat UCITS ETF invests in US equities with long-term competitive advantages and an attractive valuation.
- Strategy based on a proven and transparent indexing model from Morningstar, the renowned research partner
- Companies with long-term competitive advantages for 20 years or longer (switching costs, intangible assets, network effect, cost advantage, efficient scale)
- Based on Warren Buffett´s “Economic Moats” concept
- Targets companies trading at attractive prices relative to Morningstar’s estimate of fair value
- Excludes companies deriving revenues from Controversial Weapons, Civilian Firearms and Thermal Coal as defined by Sustainalytics
- Screens out companies with higher levels of ESG- and Carbon-related risks according to Sustainalytics Estimates
Risk Factors: Equity Market Risk, Limited Diversification Risk, Foreign Currency Risk
As part of its efforts to increase VanEck’s sustainable footprint, VanEck Morningstar US Sustainable Moat UCITS ETF (“the Fund”) changed its underlying index to Morningstar US Sustainable Moat Focus Index that incorporates ESG considerations in the index selection, effective 17 December 2021 EOD. Prior to that, the Fund was called VanEck Morningstar US Wide Moat UCITS ETF and was following Morningstar Wide Moat Focus Index. The new index exhibits improved Sustainability characteristics1, as well as superior risk-return statistics2. For further details on the Fund and its Index, please see the Index Transition Communication on the Documents page of the Fund.
1Source: Morningstar, Sustainalytics as of 6 October 2021.
2Source: Morningstar, Bloomberg as of 31 October 2021. Returns are calculated in USD on a Net Return basis. The data before 11 February 2021 reflects backtested strategy returns. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
Morningstar US Sustainable Moat Focus Index (MSUSSMNU)