- VanEck's Emerging Markets Fund outperformed the Index on the MTD basis and was in line with the Index on the YTD basis ending 5/8/2020.
- The global pandemic has accelerated growth in certain sectors and industries such as digital, ecommerce, data centers, telemedicine and video gaming, with disruption timelines likely shortening.
- China is ahead of the U.S. and Europe on the virus. Shanghai, China is the top performing market this year.
- Significant market turbulence disproportionately affected small- and mid-cap stocks in emerging markets and resulted in their underperformance in the current market environment YTD.
- Implications on Chinese companies – Industrials, Energy and Consumer Discretionary sectors contributed to performance, whereas Financials, Health Care and Real Estate detracted on the YTD basis ending 4/30/2020.
Read Blog: Facebook & Leading U.S. Venture Capital Firms Round out Reliance Industries’ Ecommerce Ambitions
Watch Video: Acceleration and Divergence in Emerging Markets Amid COVID-19