GHAIXGlobal Resources Fund - Class I
Country Weightings (%) as of 05/31/21
|Country||% of Net Assets|
Sector Weightings (%)
as of 05/31/21
|Sector||% of Net Assets|
|Metals & Mining||35.3|
|Oil Gas & Consumable Fuels||21.3|
|Energy Equipment & Services||3.4|
|Semiconductors & Semiconductor Equipment||3.4|
|Mortgage Real Estate Investment Trusts (REITs)||3.3|
|Paper & Forest Products||2.1|
|Electronic Equipment Instruments & Components||1.4|
|Independent Power and Renewable Electricity Producers||1.2|
|Road & Rail||1.2|
Top 10 Holdings (%)
|Holdings||Sector||% of Net Assets|
|Freeport-McMoRan, Inc.||Metals & Mining||4.5|
|First Quantum Minerals Ltd.||Metals & Mining||4.3|
|Anglo American plc||Metals & Mining||3.8|
|Pioneer Natural Resources Company||Oil, Gas & Consumable Fuels||3.6|
|Hannon Armstrong Sustainable Infrastructure Capital, Inc.||Real Estate Investment Trusts (REITs)||3.3|
|Newmont Corporation||Metals & Mining||3.1|
|Sibanye Stillwater Limited||Metals & Mining||3.0|
|Valero Energy Corporation||Oil, Gas & Consumable Fuels||2.9|
|SolarEdge Technologies, Inc.||Semiconductors & Semiconductor Equipment||2.9|
|Top 10 Total||34.6|
|Holdings||Sector||% of Net Assets|
|Freeport-McMoRan, Inc.||Metals & Mining||4.4|
|Hannon Armstrong Sustainable Infrastructure Capital, Inc.||Real Estate Investment Trusts (REITs)||4.1|
|First Quantum Minerals Ltd.||Metals & Mining||4.0|
|Pioneer Natural Resources Company||Oil, Gas & Consumable Fuels||4.0|
|Anglo American plc||Metals & Mining||3.6|
|SolarEdge Technologies, Inc.||Semiconductors & Semiconductor Equipment||3.4|
|Sunrun Inc.||Electrical Equipment||3.3|
|Sibanye Stillwater Limited||Metals & Mining||3.1|
|Valero Energy Corporation||Oil, Gas & Consumable Fuels||2.8|
|Top 10 Total||35.6|
These are not recommendations to buy or sell any security. Holdings may vary.
as of 05/31/21
Net Assets (All Classes)$786.8M
Number of Holdings56
Avg. Wtd. Market Cap$15.9B
Turnover Rate (2020)39.0%
P/E (LTM) / P/E (Forward)*19.9 / 13.4
Benchmark IndexS&P North American Natural Resources Sector (SPGINRTR) Index
Market Capitalization Breakdown (%) as of 05/31/21
|Market Capitalization||% of Net Assets|
|Large (>= $10 billion)||68.5%|
|Mid (< $10 billion >= $2 billion)||27.6%|
|Small (< $2 billion)||3.9%|
|Average Weighted Market Cap||$15.9B|
Market capitalization (cap) is the value of a corporation as determined by the market price of its issued and outstanding common stock.
Three-Year Risk Measures and Statistics as of 05/31/21
|Volatility (Standard Deviation)||31.76|
|Alpha vs. SPGINRTR Index||5.15|
|Beta vs. SPGINRTR Index||0.88|
|R-squared vs. SPGINRTR Index||85.21|
Volatility is the annualized standard deviation of monthly returns. Sharpe ratio is the return less the risk free rate divided by the standard deviation and measures risk-adjusted return. Alpha is a measure of the difference between a portfolio's actual returns and its expected performance, given its level of risk as measured by beta. Beta is a measure of sensitivity to market movements. R-squared reflects the percentage of a fund's movements that can be explained by movements in its benchmark index.
Five-Year Risk Measures and Statistics as of 05/31/21
|Volatility (Standard Deviation)||26.68|
|Alpha vs SPGINRTR Index||2.70|
|Beta vs. SPGINRTR Index||0.89|
|R-squared vs. SPGINRTR Index||83.54|
Volatility is the annualized standard deviation of monthly returns. Sharpe ratio is the return less the risk-free rate divided by the standard deviation and measures risk-adjusted return. Alpha is a measure of the difference between a portfolio's actual returns and its expected performance, given its level of risk as measured by beta. Beta is a measure of sensitivity to market movements. R-squared reflects the percentage of a fund's movements that can be explained by movements in its benchmark index.
Industry Benchmarks: Know Your Indices
- The S&P® North American Natural Resources Sector (SPGINRTR) Index (the “Index”) provides investors with a benchmark that represents U.S. traded securities that are classified under the GICS® energy and materials sector excluding the chemicals industry; and steel sub-industry.
- S&P® Global Natural Resources Index (SPGNRUP) includes 90 of the largest publicly traded companies in natural resources and commodities businesses that meet specific investability requirements, offering investors diversified and investable equity exposure across three primary commodity-related sectors: agribusiness, energy, and metals & mining which tracks the global natural resources and commodities businesses.
- The S&P® 500 Index consists of 500 widely held common stocks covering industrial, utility, financial and transportation sectors.
- The S&P® Goldman Sachs Commodity Index (SPGSCITR) is a composite index of commodity sector returns, representing an unleveraged, long-only investment in commodity futures. High energy concentration; limited diversification. The index benefits when energy is strong, and suffers when energy is weak.
- The Bloomberg Commodity Index (BCOM) is composed of futures contracts on 20 physical commodities covering seven sectors, specifically energy, petroleum, precious metals, industrial metals, grains, livestock and softs. Energy exposure is limited to no more than 33%; the manager cannot invest above that level no matter how favorable the energy market.
All indices listed are unmanaged and are not securities in which investments can be made.
Sector Weights (%): Fund vs. Industry Benchmarks as of 06/30/2020
|VANECK GLOBAL RESOURCES FUND (CLASS A)||INDUSTRY BENCHMARKS|
This table is updated once annually. Please note the information in this table represents the Fund’s current implementation of its investment strategy and this implementation may change at any time and from time to time. It is not intended to be a forecast of future events, a guarantee of future results or investment advice.
SPGINRTR sector weightings shown are month-end weightings as of June 30, 2020.
SPGNRUP sector weightings shown are month-end weightings as of June 30, 2020.
BCOMTR sector weightings shown here are approximate weightings as of June 30, 2020.
SPGSCITR sector weightings shown here are month-end weightings as of June 30, 2020.