|Share on Facebook Facebook||Share on StumbleUpon StumbleUpon|
|Share on LinkedIn LinkedIn||Submit on Reddit reddit|
|Tweet Twitter||Pin it Pinterest|
|Share on Google+ Google+||Share on Digg Digg|
|Post to Tumblr Tumblr||Share on Delicious Delicious|
GDXVanEck Vectors Gold Miners ETF
Latest Market Updates*
- We believe there is a compelling opportunity in the space today with gold reaching all-time highs and companies healthier than they’ve been at any time in the last 10-20 years.
- In our view, financial market risks – including extreme monetary policies, negative real rates and unsustainable debt levels – remain persistent and pervasive and may continue to support higher gold prices for the foreseeable future.
- Notable, too, is the historical performance of mid-tier and junior gold mining companies during similar periods of rising gold prices in the past, where such support levels have helped fuel outperformance of these companies relative to their larger-cap, senior/major mining peers.
VanEck Vectors® Gold Miners ETF (GDX®) seeks to replicate as closely as possible, before fees and expenses, the price and yield performance of the NYSE Arca Gold Miners Index (GDMNTR), which is intended to track the overall performance of companies involved in the gold mining industry.
AdministratorVan Eck Associates
CustodianState Street Bank and Trust Company
as of 01/14/21
30-Day SEC Yield10.55%
Total Net Assets$16.2B
Number of Holdings53
Gross Expense Ratio20.52%
Net Expense Ratio/TER20.52%
Index Key Points
Underlying Index: NYSE Arca Gold Miners Index (GDMNTR)
The Index comprises:
Publicly traded companies involved in the gold and silver mining industry.
Companies eligible for inclusion in Index:
- Market capitalization greater than $750 million
- Average daily volume of at least 50,000 shares
- Average daily value traded of at least $1 million
ICE Data Indices, LLC
Index Top 10 Constituents (%) as of 12/31/20
|Newmont Mining Corp||
|Barrick Gold Corp||
|Wheaton Precious Metals Corp||
|Agnico-Eagle Mines Ltd||
|Newcrest Mining Ltd||
|Kirkland Lake Gold Ltd||
|Anglogold Ashanti-Spon Adr||
|Kinross Gold Corp||
|Gold Fields Ltd-Spons Adr||
|Top 10 Total (%)||57.38|
Index Country Weightings (%) as of 12/31/20
Index Sector Weightings (%) as of 12/31/20